Children get off to a strong start in the Early Years.
Ofsted, March 2022
The Nursery is part of a Foundation Stage provision, enabling children to benefit from our early years educational expertise and leadership, and transition between nursery and reception classes – proven to enhance their life-long learning skills and emotional wellbeing. Children will enjoy their own well-equipped nursery room and attached outdoor play area, plus access to our planned forest area, a rich and broad early years curriculum, and wider outdoor play areas.
As a school nursery, we are now able to provide one dedicated team offering a continuous learning journey and smooth transition throughout children’s vital first two key stages of their educational journey from ages 3 to 7.
The school run provision will be offering Free Early Education Entitlement funded places for eligible 3 and 4 year old children (15 hours) including the Extended Funding Entitlement (30 hours). The Extended Funding Entitlement of 30 hours will need to be confirmed by providing the school with your DERN and NI number. 30 hour childcare must be reconfirmed every 3 months. You should receive a reminder from HMRC. Missing the deadline and not applying during the grace period will result in only 15 hours being funded.
Parents can check their eligibility at: https://www.gov.uk/apply-30-hours-free-childcare
You will need your NI number or UTR (if self-employed) to complete your check.
Deadlines for the applications:
31st August for Autumn term start (September)
31st December for Spring term start (January)
31st March for Summer term start (April)
Part-time and Full-time sessions
Our school day is from 9am to 3.30pm, our sessions for nursery are:
|Morning session||9.00am to 12 noon|
|Afternoon session||12.30pm to 3.30pm|
|All day||9.00am to 3.30pm|
Pupils requiring part-time places can choose either am or pm each day, or blocks of days, dependently on the availability of spaces. Pupils requiring full-time places will start at 9am and finish at 3.30pm. The school will not be charging for the additional extra half an hour each day.
If additional hours are required but parents are not entitled to the Extended Funding Entitlement of 30 hours, parents can pay for the extra hours at £15 per morning or afternoon session.
The school has a breakfast club that runs from 7.30am, this will be available to nursery pupils at the cost of £5. There will be no school activities offered to nursery pupils (3.30pm – 4.30pm), however there will be a limited number of spaces of nursery and Reception pupils at Premier Sports wraparound club, which has a session from 3.30pm to 4.30pm or 3.30pm to 6pm.
Early Years Pupil Premium
In addition to being entitled to Free School Meals (FSM) under the current criteria listed below, pupils must be at nursery for at least one full day.
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
We obviously want our nursery uniform to be comfortable, easy for pupils to manage especially when accessing the toilets and be affordable for parents. For that reason, the uniform is:
- Plain navy tracksuit bottoms
- ‘Dove school logo’ jumper or cardigan *
- Sky blue ‘Dove school logo’ polo shirt *
Nursery children do not need to purchase any separate PE kit, blazer etc.
* The sky blue ‘Dove school logo’ polo shirt is a new addition to our uniform and should be available shortly from School Wear United. They are based at 3 Crown Dale, London, SE19 3PB). You can buy all items of school uniform at the shop or online, however, only the items with our school logo on must be purchased from them. The items that are specific to St Luke’s are jumpers, cardigans, and polo shirt.
To apply for a nursery place, please completed the application form and return it to the school. We will then arrange a meeting to discuss the hours you require and how we can support your child to transition to St Luke’s.